Friday 7 May 2021

Stencil Shadow

I needed to make an Anniversary card, so I looked at the Gina K. Designs Monthly Mix Challenge. We are asked to use a flower stencil to make the background, or if we don't have a flower stencil we can use any Gina K. Designs stencil. I don't have a flower stencil, so I used a different one.



I used the Gina K. Designs (GKD) Harvest Flourish stencil with some white pigment ink on a piece of GKD Kraft cardstock. Once that dried, I shifted the stencil slightly and used GKD Fresh Asparagus ink. I think it gives the effect of being embossed. I matted that with GKD Fresh Asparagus cardstock and added it to a white card base.

I wanted to add some flowers, so I used the GKD Electro Pop Flowers stamp set and coordinating dies, using GKD Fresh Asparagus, Dusty Rose, Red Velvet, and Grass Green ink .  

The sentiment is from the GKD Rose Peonies stamp set, and is stamped in Dusty Rose. I used some oval dies to cut out the sentiment and the Fresh Asparagus layer. 


2 comments:

  1. This is so well done and beautiful! I love the way the texture pops the way you did the background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is beautiful and perfect for an Anniversary card. I love the Harvest Flourish stencil and the way you used it is perfect, it looks like the background is embossed. Thanks for playing along with GKD May Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate each one.