Sunday 9 May 2021

Happy Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers! We're in lockdown right now, so I can't visit with my mother, but I can still take her supper and a homemade card. She loves the autumn colours, so I made her card with brown, orange and yellow.



I used two challenges for my inspiration: Gina K. Designs Monthly Mix challenge, where we have to use a stencil, and the Mod Squad challenge, where we have to use a page from a book, magazine, newspaper, or anything that has writing.

For the background, I used the Sassy Stripes stencil on a white card base, and inked through it twice with Warm Cocoa, once in each direction, to make the gingham background.

I used a piece of newspaper and applied Warm Cocoa ink with a blending brush. Then I crumpled up the paper a couple of times and smoothed it out a bit. This leaves creases and raised parts on the paper. I ran the Warm Cocoa inkpad directly on the paper and it only left ink on the raised parts. I also did this with the Sweet Mango inkpad. Then I wrapped the paper around a toilet paper tube, which I had flattened and trimmed to fit, and used Connect Glue to attach it. This gave me a container for my flowers.

I used the Dazzling Dahlia stamp set and coordinating dies for the flowers and leaves. I stamped them with Wild Dandelion, Sweet Corn, Sweet Mango, Tangerine Twist, Fresh Asparagus, and Jelly Bean Green ink. The sentiment is from the Holiday Frame Fillers stamp set and is stamped with Sweet Mango ink. I adhered everything together with Connect Glue.

The stencil, cardstock, stamps, dies and ink are from Gina K. Designs.


3 comments:

  1. Lovely card, and I'm sure she'll appreciate it. I love the newspaper technique that you used.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute card, I bet your mom loved it. The stenciled background is perfect, and I really like what you did with that piece of newspaper. A perfect example of what I was looking for in this challenge. Thanks so much for playing along with us over at The Mod Squad, stop by again soon!
    Judy~ MSC DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your plaid background. Your card is beautiful, love the flowers. Thanks for playing along with GKD May Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate each one.