Friday 9 April 2021

Slimline Christmas Card

This month, the Gina K. Designs Monthly Mix Challenge is Die Cut Sentiments. The only Gina K. sentiment dies that I have are Christmas and Hanukkah, so I made a Christmas card.




Gina K. showed how to make a swirl design on an A2 size card, using the wreath builder template with a square piece of cardstock, and then cutting the wreath and attaching it to the ends of the card. I wanted to try stamping the whole design on a slimline card, so I used the Memory MISTI with the wreath builder template so the cardstock would fit.

My cardstock wasn't square, so I made a small pencil mark on one corner and made sure that the marked corner was always against the template. Once I had the pattern on one end, I repeated it at the other end.

I used the following supplies:

Gina K. Designs: Christmas Greenery, Holiday Frame, and Seasonal Sentiments stamp sets
                             Coordinating dies from Seasonal Sentiments
                             Lucky Clover, Christmas Pine, Red Hot, Warm Cocoa, Red Velvet ink
                             Red Velvet, White Cardstock
                             
Wreath Builder template
                             Connect Glue
Memory MISTI
Holiday Mix embellishments by Pretty Pink Posh
Picket Fence Studio Slim Line die cutting system

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful design and images. I love your swirl design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your method was ingenious! And, the swirl a great idea! I really loved this card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So festive! Thanks for playing along in the GKD MMC.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate each one.