Tuesday 20 April 2021

Perfectly Pantone

 I needed to make a birthday card, so I used yellow and gray, the Pantone colours for 2021. I am entering this in the Mod Squad Challenge - Perfectly Pantone.




I tried doing a technique that Gina K. showed us on her Stamp and Chat, but it didn't work too well. I think I needed darker cardstock for the background, but I didn't have any gray. It is supposed to give the pattern a recessed or raised look. I still think it's a nice background, even though it didn't really work.

The stencil I used is called Ornamental Fans, by Gina K. Designs, and the cardstock is Gina K. Designs Wild Dandelion. I first used white pigment ink, let it dry, then shifted the stencil over a bit and up a bit before adding Gina K. Designs Slate ink. I attached this to a white card base.

I stamped the sentiment, from the Gina K. Designs Birthday Blessings stamp set, with Slate ink, then embossed it with clear embossing powder. It makes it a bit darker and gives it a bit of shine. I cut it out, added it to a white die cut and used some foam tape to attach it.

3 comments:

  1. This is absolutely wonderful. I love everything about it. Had to look at it for awhile before I figured out you used yellow card stock with gray ink.....duh. Should have read your post first...lol. Thanks so much for playing along with us over at Mod Squad. Hope we see you back here soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful design and I love the stenciled design. Even if it wasn't quite what you wanted I think it is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it worked really well. I thought it was embossed at first. It's a lovely card! Great work!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate each one.