Saturday 11 April 2020

Spring Banner

I made this card for a few challenges: Mod Squad Challenge Blog - Spring has SprungGina K. Designs Monthly Mix Challenge - Spring Fling;  and  Double D Challenges - Banner Challenge.



I started with a piece of Hilroy watercolor paper and stamped the flowers, from Gina K. Designs (GKD) Sending Love stamp set, with GKD Jet Black Amalgam ink. I took my ink cubes (GKD Wild Dandelion, Tangerine Twist and Jelly Bean Green) and tapped them on an acrylic block to transfer some ink. Then I used a water brush and 'painted' the flowers and leaves. Once the panel was dry, I added details with some coloured pencils. 

I stamped the banner, from GKD Holiday Frame Fillers by Melanie Muenchinger, on a piece of white cardstock. I curved it a bit and stamped it twice to get the length I needed. I used the banner filler stamp to stamp the colours and wrote my letters with a black marker. I fussy cut it out and went around the edge of the whole thing with a black marker to fill in any white spots.

I matted the focal image with a piece of green gingham from the Sending Love patterned paper pack and then attached this to a piece of black cardstock before adding it to a white card base. I glued on my banner and used a Wink of Stella pen to give the banner some sparkle.



8 comments:

  1. Fantastic Spring card and I love the banner. The coloring of the daffodils are so well done too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully created card, I love daffodils!! Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D!
    Diane DD DT {Nellies Nest}

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW what a beautiful card Dawn! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Banners’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
    Darlene
    DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have not seen that beautiful GKD stamp in forever. I'm so glad you used it here, it's just fabulous for a nice spring image. Great take on the Mood Board, thanks so much for playing along with us over at the Double D Challenge. Hope we see you back again soon!!
    Judy~ DD DT
    {Judy's Happy Place} Stop by and see me!!!!


    ReplyDelete
  5. This is stunning with such lovely details. The perfect spring card.
    Thanks so much for linking up to the Double D challenge. Best of luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm back, this time for Mod Squad. As I said, your card is beautiful! Great take on the challenge, thank you so much for participating this week at the Mod Squad Challenge
    Judy~ Mod Squad Challenge Designer
    {Judy's Happy Place} Stop by and see me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cheerful card! Nice and spring-like!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a beautiful card and design! I jus saw some daffodils last night on my walk. Thank you for joining us in the Spring Fling challenge over at Gina K Designs.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate each one.