Monday 1 April 2019

Argyle Birthday Card

I have some exciting news to share. I have been selected to be on the Design Team for Scor-Pal! Every month, we have a challenge to make a project that has more than one score. This month's theme is Texture (click Here to get to the Scor-Pal blog), so I made a card with a textured front panel.



I found the Argyle pattern in the Score, Fold, Create book by Scor-Pal. To make this pattern, start with a square piece of cardstock. Mine measured 5 1/2-inch square. With the right side down, line up the top point and bottom point with the 6-inch mark on your Scor-Pal. Score at the 3-inch, 4-inch, 5-inch, 6-inch, 7-inch, 8-inch and 9-inch marks. Move the top of the cardstock down a bit from the top, still aligned at the 6-inch mark. Using the Scor-Bug, roll along the 2 1/2-inch, 3 1/2-inch, 4 1/2-inch, 5 1/2-inch, 6 1/2-inch, 7 1/2-inch, 8 1/2-inch and 9 1/2-inch marks. Turn the cardstock 90 degrees and repeat the scoring directions. The Scor-Bug makes a line of little bumps in between the scored lines to give the argyle look.


To make the butterfly, I used one of the Foil Mates images, stamped the corresponding stamp over it, cut it out with the matching die and foiled it with gold foil. I drew over the body and antenna with a black marker.

For the sentiment, I stamped it in black on white cardstock, heat embossed it with clear embossing powder, and cut it out with a die. I didn't have a slightly larger die to make a nice border, so I traced around the die onto black cardstock and cut it out with scissors. I adhered the sentiment onto the black cardstock with Scor-Tape.

To assemble the card, I taped the yellow layer onto a 5 5/8-inch square piece of black cardstock and then onto a 6-inch white card base. I attached the sentiment with some foam squares and added the butterfly with Scor-Tape.

Thanks for visiting my blog and I hope you give the Argyle pattern a try!

I used the following supplies:
Scor-Pal
Scor-Bug
1/2” Scor-Tape
Score, Fold, Create book
Gina K. Designs: Butterfly Kisses Stamp n Foil stamps, Foil Mates and Dies
                            Decorative Label Die Set
                            Birthday Blessings Stamp set
                            Wild Dandelion, White, and Black cardstock 
                            Sweet Mango ink
Therm O Web Gold Deco Foil
Memento Tuxedo Black ink 
clear embossing powder, foam squares, black marker from my stash

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations and it looks like you are off to a great start with this wonderful design. Your scored panel is fantastic too. I thought it was done with an embossing folder until I read more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I really love this card. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow gorgeousness! Beautiful job! Thanks for sharing!
    Lots of love from Isia xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate each one.