Sunday 10 March 2019

Green, Green, Everywhere

I needed another birthday card, so I decided to use green and enter it in the Mod Squad Challenge - Green, Green Everywhere. We can only use the colour green, with a neutral as an accent, if necessary.


This was a fairly quick card to make. I only used one colour of ink and the same colour of cardstock - Jelly Bean Green. 

I stamped the flourish all over the background, and sponged around the edge with a sponge dauber. After stamping the sentiment on another piece of cardstock, I embossed it with clear embossing powder and cut it out with a stitched circle die. I also cut out another larger circle and sponged the outside of the circle. That way, when I layer the sentiment on top, it looks like a darker cardstock in behind.

I took a piece of twine, wrapped it around the background piece, threaded it through a button and tied it. I attached the background panel onto a white card base with some foam squares, and then added the sentiment pieces with some more foam squares.

I used the following supplies:
Gina K. Designs: Dazzling Dahlia, Made with Love Stamp sets
                             Jelly Bean Green ink
                             Jelly Bean Green, White cardstock 
Cottage Cutz Stitched Circle die set
Button, twine, sponge dauber, clear embossing powder, foam squares from my stash

3 comments:

  1. I love all the glorious green on your creation. The background shows off the focal sentiment beautifully. The twine and button are the perfect compliment too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great job using a monotone green! I think the button was a perfect touch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so lovely. I really like that stamped background, it's beautiful. Great take on the Green, Green Everywhere challenge, thank you so much for participating this week at the Mod Squad Challenge
    Judy~ Mod Squad Challenge Designer
    {Judy's Happy Place} Stop by and see me!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate each one.