Wednesday 6 March 2019

Flowered Thank You

I needed a thank you card and decided to make one with flowers to enter into the Gina K. Designs March Monthly Mix Challenge - Flower Power



I started with a piece of white cardstock and stamped the flowers. After I stamped the purple one, I used a piece of masking paper to cover the flower and stamped the yellow flower on the left. Then I masked that one as well and stamped the pink, masked again and stamped the yellow one on the right. These are two step stamps, so the outline is in a darker ink than the main flower. I then stamped the leaves, again masking off the flowers so the leaves look like they are behind the flowers.

After stamping the sentiment, I heat embossed it in clear. I matted the panel with Wild Lilac card stock and attached it to a white card base.

I thought the flowers made it look a little more like Spring, as we had two snowfalls in three days this week. I am certainly looking forward to warmer temperatures and real flowers in the garden!


I used the following supplies:
Gina K. Designs: Painted Autumn, Dazzling Dahlia Stamp sets
                            Lovely Lavender, Wild Lilac, Lemon Drop, Wild Dandelion, Bubblegum Pink,                                               Dusty Rose, Grass Green ink
                            Wild Lilac, White cardstock 
Inkadinkado Stamping Mask paper
clear embossing powder from my stash

5 comments:

  1. This is so very gorgeous with all those pretty blooms on your card. I love the color choices.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully done! Lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty card and lovely colours too. Congrats on your win last month. The only name I recognized from the old crowd.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card! Great choice of colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love LOVE LOVE your card. I am a fan of white space and yours perfectly showcases your flower cluster. Thanks for playing along at Gina K. Designs.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate each one.