Wednesday 27 February 2019

Coral Birthday Card

I have another card for the Gina K. Monthly Mix Challenge - Color of the Year (which is Coral). I am also entering it in the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes.



I started with a piece of white cardstock and sponged Coral Reef ink over it, starting at the top and fading out toward the bottom. I stamped the sentiment, from the Massive Messages set, with Black Amalgam ink and heat embossed it with clear embossing powder. I attached this front panel to a white card base.

I stamped the feathers, from the Stamper's Favorite set, in Moonlit Fog and heat embossed them in clear. Using a clear acrylic block, I tapped the Coral Reef ink pad a few times and used a waterbrush to pick up some of the colour and colour in the feathers. After cutting them out, I popped them onto the card front with some foam squares. 

For the Gina K. challenge, we have to show the inside of the card. I simply stamped the feather in Coral Reef and will add the verse when I am ready to give the card.


All of the stamps, ink and cardstock are from Gina K. Designs.

4 comments:

  1. Such a Beautiful card! <3 I love that feather set and how you faded out the ink as you went to the bottom! Thank you for joining in the Gina K. Designs February Monthly Mix Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coral is one of my favorite colors, Dawn, and looks great with these soft greys. Thanks for sharing your card with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So gorgeous with the silver embossed feathers and the coral color.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card...the embossing was a really nice touch.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate each one.