Saturday 9 February 2019

Greet your Vellum

I wanted to make a birthday card for a friend, so I used a couple of challenges to determine my design and colour. The first challenge is Mod Squad - Greet your Vellum. We have to have our greeting on vellum. The second challenge is Gina K. Designs Monthly Mix - Color of the Year. We need to use the color Coral, and show a peek of the decorated inside of the card.




Here is a better look at the front and inside:  





I recently purchased the Butterfly Kisses Stamp n Foil set, which includes a stamp set, a set of Foil Mates detail sheets and coordinating dies. I first stamped the butterflies, in coral, over the foil mates detail images and then cut them out with the dies. I ran them through my laminator with gold foil, which transferred the foil to the detailed areas. I coloured over the body and antenna with a black marker.

To make the front background, I used a stencil and sponged the coral ink through. I also used this on the inside corner. I stamped and embossed the sentiment onto a piece of vellum and attached it to the stenciled background. I matted this with coral cardstock before adhering it to the white card base. I popped up the butterflies on the front with foam squares and added another butterfly inside.

I used the following supplies:

Gina K. Designs: Butterfly Kisses Stamp n Foil set
                            Coral Reef ink and cardstock 
                            Little Thoughts Mini Stamp set
Hampton Art stencil
VersaMark ink
Gold Therm O Web deco foil
white cardstock, black embossing powder, vellum, foam squares, black marker from my stash

4 comments:

  1. What a Beautiful card! I love the Velum and the inside as well! <3. Thank you for joining in this months Monthly Mix Challenge over at Gina K. Designs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so very stunning. I love the overlay of vellum the way you used it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE what you have done with the vellum here. It shows off the background perfectly, and the butterflies are the perfect final touch. Great take on the challenge, thank you so much for participating this week at the Mod Squad Challenge
    Judy~ Mod Squad Challenge Designer
    {Judy's Happy Place} Stop by and see me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card! I love vellum any time, and I love this card, both inside and out!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate each one.