Sunday 27 January 2019

Sponged Background

This is my last card for the Gina K. Designs Monthly Mix challenge - My Sentiments Exactly! The only stamped image we can use is the sentiment, and we also can't use any patterned paper.


I started by taping a piece of watercolour paper onto my work surface and spraying it with water. I tapped the ink pads onto an acrylic block to transfer some ink. Using a paintbrush, I picked up some of the ink and added it to the wet paper. I used yellow, blue and red, overlapping them to create the green and purple sections.

Once the paper had thoroughly dried, I stamped the sentiment with VersaMark ink, added silver embossing powder and heat set it. I attached the panel to a card base and added some sequins to finish it off.

Supplies used:
Gina K. Designs: Massive Messages stamp set
                            Wild Dandelion, Blue Lagoon, Red Hot ink

                            White cardstock
VersaMark ink
Canson XL Recycled Bristol paper
silver embossing powder, sequins from my stash

3 comments:

  1. This is a wonderful background you made and I love those colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely blend of colours...simple but effective.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great background Dawn. It is just right behind the sentiment and the colour blends are pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate each one.