Saturday 26 January 2019

Die Embossing

I saw a technique on Jennifer McGuire's blog (click here to see) this week and I thought it would be perfect for the Gina K Designs Monthly Mix Challenge - My Sentiments Exactly! The only stamp we can use is for the sentiment.


For this technique you use a die to make an impression but not cut all the way through.
(All products are Gina K. Designs unless otherwise mentioned.)

I used the Cheery Lynn Designs Doily Die - Italian Flourish on a piece of white cardstock. I then die cut the shape from another piece of cardstock, used the negative as a mask and lightly sponged over the doily with Apple Mint ink.

I stamped the sentiment, from the By the Sea stamp set, with Grass Green ink and used clear embossing powder from my stash to emboss it. I matted this layer with Grass Green cardstock and adhered it to a white card base. I added a rhinestone, from my stash, to the middle of the doily to finish it off.


1 comment:

  1. This is such and elegant look and so soft and pretty. I really like how you created this card.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate each one.