Saturday 23 February 2019

Stair Step Card

I was inspired by a card that Melanie Muenchinger made (HERE) and decided to make one to enter a couple of challenges: Scor-Pal More than One Score challenge #56 Anything Goes; and Gina K. Designs Monthly Mix challenge - Color of the Year (Coral). 



To make this card, start with a piece of cardstock that measures 5" x 10.5" and with your Scor-Pal, score along the long side at 1.25", 2.5", 4.25", 6" and 8.25". Fold accordion style, starting with a mountain fold. You will end up with this:



Stamp flowers and leaves and cut them out. I used the Gina K. Designs Dazzling Dahlia stamp set and coordinating dies. I stamped the flowers in Coral Reef, and for some of them I stamped again without re-inking, to give a lighter colour. I stamped the leaves in Lucky Clover.

Stamp a sentiment on the lowest part of the card (I used Memento Tuxedo Black ink) and add your flowers and leaves along the top edges of the 'steps' with some Scor-Tape. I also attached a flower to the back of the card and I will add a sentiment when I am ready to give the card to someone.


Thanks for taking a look and I hope you try this type of card. It is quite fun to make and still fits in a regular sized envelope (4.25" x 5.5") when folded.


5 comments:

  1. What a lovely card!!! It makes me think of spring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really a gorgeous card and I love the stair step design. Those colors are fantastic too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This is Gorgeous and I love all the flowers on the stair step card! You did a fabulous job on it! <3 Thank you so much for joining in the Gina K. Designs Monthly Mix Challenge this month! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful, and so creative! Thanks for sharing the details, and for entering it in our challenge at Scor-Pal! Hope to see you here again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card love all the details very creative!Congratulations

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate each one.