Sunday 21 April 2019

Ombre Birthday Card

Happy Easter!  My son had a birthday recently, so I wanted to give him the card before I posted it here. The Gina K. Designs Monthly Mix Challenge for April is to make an ombre background. My son's favourite colour is green, so I made an ombre green background.



I sponged 4 different green inks onto a piece of white cardstock, blending each to the one beside it. I stamped the sentiment with VersaMark ink, sprinkled copper embossing powder on it and heat set it. I attached the front panel to a piece of Jelly Bean Green cardstock and then to a white card base. I finished it off with a few sequins.

I used the following supplies:

Gina K. Designs: Massive Messages stamp set
                           Key Lime, Jelly Bean Green, Grass Green, Fresh Asparagus ink
                           Jelly Bean Green, White cardstock 
VersaMark ink
Scor-Buddy
1/4” Scor-Tape
sponge daubers, heat gun
copper embossing powder, sequins, from my stash

3 comments:

  1. Lovely transition with the shading! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful CAS design and the ombre colors are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a big fan of green ink blending - beautiful work! THanks for joining in the challenge this month over at Gina K Designs! hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate each one.