Friday 21 July 2017

Sketch card

This week for the StampTV MIUM challenge, we were provided with a sketch to follow.


We had to follow the layout but we could vary the elements that we used. Here is what I came up with.



I started by picking out my patterned papers. I thought that these would work nicely with the sketch. I fussy cut the bottom of the flowered paper to make the fancy edge.

I stamped the butterflies on white cardstock, using the two colour technique. I inked with one colour and swiped the edges of the stamp with a slightly darker colour. I fussy cut the two butterflies and set them aside.

I stamped the sentiment and embossed it with clear embossing powder three times so it would stand out against the background. I matted this layer and wrapped the baker's twine around it and tied a bow. 

I matted the bottom layer and adhered it to a white card base. I added the other layers and popped up the butterflies with some foam squares.

I used the following supplies:
Gina K. Designs: Sending Love stamp set and patterned paper
                             Wild Lilac, Wild Wisteria ink
                             Lemon Drop, Jelly Bean Green, White cardstock
VersaFine Onyx Black Ink
baker's twine, clear embossing powder, foam squares from my stash

2 comments:

  1. What a fun challenge! I loved the card and especially the fussy cutting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is gorgeous. I wish I had the time to do the challenge but it looks doubtful. I love the sketch though.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate each one.