Saturday 8 July 2017

Black, White and Gold

I made this card for two challenges: StampTV MIUM - What's Black and White and... (Use black, white and a touch of gold), and StampTV Kit Addicts Group - Patterned Papers (Use 3 patterned papers). 



I decided to use the Petite Patterns patterned paper since it is black and white and I could combine the two challenges. 

I cut the three pieces of patterned paper and adhered them together, angling the middle one so more of it would show. I stamped the flower image onto a piece of white cardstock, made a mask by cutting the masking paper with the matching die and stamped the leaves so they look like they are behind the flower. I cut it out with a stitched square die and matted it with black.

After stamping the sentiment with VersaMark I used gold embossing powder and heat set it. I matted this with black as well. I matted the bottom layer of patterned paper with black, added a piece of ribbon and adhered it to a 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" card base. I added the flower and popped up the sentiment with some foam squares.

I used the following supplies:
Gina K. Designs: Petite Patterns patterned paper pack
                             Dazzling Dahlia stamp set and matching die
                             
Birthday Blessings stamp set
                             White and Black cardstock
                             Color Companions 5/8" Black Onyx ribbon
VersaMark ink
Memento Tuxedo Black ink

Inkadinkado masking paper
Cottage Cutz Stitched Square die
antique gold embossing powder and foam squares from my stash

3 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful and I love the way you did the pattern papers. That is such a cool look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Love the layout and monochromatic design!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card! Really well done!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate each one.