Friday 23 September 2016

Night Scene

The challenge this week for StampTV MIUM is to create a scene. I chose to do a night scene. This is also one of my favourite techniques so I am entering it in the StampTV Kit Addicts challenge.


I cut a circle out of a post-it note and stuck it on a piece of ivory cardstock. I sponged around it with a light blue, then cut some mats for the hills. I sponged some darker blue over the rest of the sky. 

I sponged the hills with two different inks, blending as I went. I stamped the fern several times before inking again to get variations in the colour. 

I originally stamped the sentiment directly on the card but ended up with a big smudge so I stamped it on an oval, sponged the edges, matted it with a scalloped oval and added a ribbon bow. I matted the front layer and attached it to an ivory card base.

I used the following supplies:
Gina K. Designs: Happy Birthday to You and Made with Love stamp sets
                             Prickly Pear ink
                             Ivory, Honey Mustard cardstock
Stampin' Up! Pacific Point, Brilliant Blue and Cajun Craze ink
Memento Tuxedo Black ink
Mini Glue Dot
scalloped oval die and ribbon from my stash

2 comments:

  1. This is a gorgeous scene card. I love all the sponging you did on it to create it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate each one.