Tuesday 29 August 2023

Smakin' Acetate

The Gina K. Designs August 2023 Monthly Mix Challenge is Smakin' Acetate. We are to make a background using this technique. 





Smakin' Acetate can be made with markers, stamp pads or re-inkers. You place some colour on a piece of acetate, spritz some water on it, and lay your cardstock down on top. When you lift up the cardstock, the colour will have transferred to it. 

I used Wild Dandelion, Turquoise Sea, and Dark Lilac ink cubes to make my background. I wasn't too sure about the results - it looked like a hot mess to me, but I thought if I stamped and embossed a background stamp on top, it might look better. I used the Petite Flourish background stamp, VersaMark ink, and clear embossing powder, and I was happy with the result.

The flowers and leaves, from the Stained Glass Flowers stamp set, were stamped with Obsidian Amalgam ink and coloured with Spectrum Noir alcohol markers.

I layered the pieces with cardstock which had some Dark Lilac ink blended on the edges.

The inks and stamps are from Gina K. Designs.

2 comments:

  1. Verna Angerhofer29 August 2023 at 10:56

    Beautiful card and choice of colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! The colours work so well together.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate each one.