Thursday 31 August 2023

More Smakin' Acetate

 I decided to make another card for the Gina K Designs August 2023 Monthly Mix Challenge - Smakin' Acetate. This time, I used re-inkers to make the background.



I dripped some Prickly Pear, Jelly Bean Green and Fresh Asparagus re-inkers onto the acetate, spritzed it with water and placed the cardstock on top. Then I lifted the cardstock off and let it dry. 

I wasn't sure if I liked the design that it made, but I decided to continue and see what it looked like at the end.

I first stamped the leaves, from the Skeleton Leaves stamp set, with Warm Glow Amalgam ink. It looked okay when it was wet, but by the time it dried, it almost disappeared. So, I tried to line up the stamps in the same position and restamped with Warm Cocoa ink. I didn't get them all lined up, but it gave a nice shadow image that I like. I layered it with some brown cardstock and attached it to a white card base.

The sentiment came from the So Many Sentiments stamp set, and was stamped with Warm Cocoa ink. I layered it with some brown cardstock and placed it at an angle. 

I was really happy with the finished card and I'm so glad that I didn't give up on it!



2 comments:

  1. Verna Angerhofer31 August 2023 at 11:07

    Gorgeous card and I love the colors for the background!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Subtle colouring, but so effective. Great work!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate each one.