Tuesday 28 June 2022

Channeling Gina K.

This month, for the Gina K. Designs Monthly Mix Challenge, we are asked to channel Gina, and use one of her videos as our inspiration. I chose Watercolor Die Cuts, which you can see Here.



I used some Staedtler watercolour markers to scribble on the cardstock, spritzed it with water, moved it around to get the look I wanted, and set it with my heat gun. If there wasn't enough colour in an area, I added more ink, and repeated the process.

Once it was completely dry, I used the Gina K. Designs Basket Weave Cover Plate Die to cut out the design. I also cut it out of white cardstock, inlaid the coloured pieces into the white frame, and used the leftover coloured piece as an outer frame. The sentiment comes from the Gina K. Designs Natural Silhouettes stamp set.

The best part about this inlaid technique is you can make a second card with the leftover pieces.




 

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards, and perfect for the occasion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Verna Angerhofer28 June 2022 at 19:25

    Absolutely gorgeous card design and beautiful colors!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate each one.