Thursday 30 December 2021

Ink Blended Basket Weave

Someone I know got engaged on Christmas Day. I received the Gina K. Designs Basket Weave Cover Plate Die for Christmas and thought it would make a wonderful Congratulations card.



I started by ink blending on a piece of white cardstock. Then I used the die to cut the pattern, making sure to save all the pieces. I also used the die on a plain piece of white cardstock, again saving all the pieces. 

I covered a piece of cardstock with adhesive, placed the white background in the middle and added the ink blended frame. The ink blended pieces had all stayed in the background, so I just had to place the ink blended background over the white one and pushed each piece into the appropriate spot. Since there was adhesive on the bottom layer, the pieces stayed in place.

I stamped the sentiment, added it to a piece of black cardstock and attached it to the front of the card. I didn't want to add anything else over the nice background.

I was able to make another card front by using all the left over pieces and created a reverse image.


I had a hard time deciding which one I wanted to use for this card!

Supplies used:

Gina K. Designs: Basket Weave Cover Plate Die
                             Red Velvet, Tangerine Twist, Wild Dandelion, Lucky Clover, Blue Raspberry, 
                                   Wild Lilac ink
                             Jet Black Amalgam ink
                             Holiday Frame Fillers stamp set
                             Black, White cardstock

3 comments:

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate each one.