Monday 17 January 2022

Spritzed Ink

There are two challenges that I wanted to play along with this week, so I made a card to fit both of them. The first one is Gina K. Designs Monthly Mix Challenge - Use water with your ink, and the second is the Mod Squad Challenge - Handmade Background Focal.



For the Gina K. challenge, we can spritz our image after it's stamped, watercolour our image, or spritz the inked stamp before we stamp it. I chose to do the last one. 

I used the Gina K. Designs Fresh Flowers stamp set and Plum Punch, Dusty Rose, Jelly Bean Green, Wild Dandelion, and Tangerine Twist ink. After I inked up each stamp, I sprayed it with water and then stamped it. I thought after I finished that maybe I should have used a different stamp set, as I didn't capture all of the beautiful detail in the images, but I received this set for Christmas and I wanted to play with it!

I added the sentiment with Gina K. Designs Jet Black Amalgam ink before attaching the top layer to a black layer and then to a white card base.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful card and a nice technique!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fabulous!! That looks like such a fun technique, thanks for the inspiration. Lots of wonderful work here, and great take on the challenge. Thanks so much for playing along with us this time over at The Mod Squad.
    Judy~ MSC Designer and Challenge Host

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate each one.