Wednesday 8 December 2021

Partial Die Cutting




I started by ink blending with Gina K. Designs inks: Blue Lagoon, Blue Raspberry, Blue Denim, and In the Navy. Then I stamped the snowflakes with VersaMark ink and heat embossed them with silver embossing powder. I stamped the sentiment with VersaMark ink and heat embossed it in white. The snowflakes and sentiment are from the Gina K. Designs Sparkling Snowflake stamp set. 

I was inspired by Jennifer McGuire and did some partial die cutting along the two edges. I taped the coordinating dies onto the snowflakes on one edge and ran it through my die cutting machine with only part of the die under the cutting plate. The first time, I put the wrong part in, but luckily it just left an impression and didn't cut all the way through! So, I had to do the same thing on the other side.

Once I had both sides cut, I used a craft knife and a ruler to cut in between the snowflakes and to the edges of the side. I added the panel to a white card base and the card was finished. I thought of adding some embellishments, but I felt that there was enough sparkle with the silver embossing powder.

2 comments:

  1. You have really rocked that technique that Jennifer shared, I'm impressed. LOVE the effect. Lots of wonderful work and great take on the challenge. Thanks so much for playing along with us over at The Mod Squad. Hope we see you back again soon!
    Judy~ Mod Squad Designer

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate each one.