Monday 6 September 2021

Swiped Ink Cube Background

 This month, the Gina K. Designs Monthly Mix challenge is to use Ink Cubes to make your background. The Mod Squad challenge  - Slim is In is to make a slimline card. I combined the two challenges to make this card.



I used several colours of Gina K. Designs ink (Sea Glass, Ocean Mist, Turquoise Sea and Tranquil Teal) and swiped the ink cubes over the cardstock several times. When I was finished, I thought it looked like water and sky so I used the Gina K. Designs Time to Coast stamp set to add the boat, birds and sentiment, using Gina K. Designs Jet Black Amalgam ink.

I added this layer to a white card base and the card was finished! This was a fun and easy way to make a background.

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful card design using the swipe technique!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful - your background is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely technique! Perfect for water and sky.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE what you have done with the color. And stamping the image against those beautiful blues is GENIUS!!! Wonderful work here, and a great take on the challenge. Thanks so much for playing along with us this time over at The Mod Squad. Hope we see you back here again soon.
    Judy~ MSC DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate each one.