Tuesday 7 September 2021

Ink Cube Background

I needed another birthday card, so I decided to make another slimline card with an ink cube background. This time, it's a regular size slimline card, and I 'stamped' the ink cubes onto the cardstock.



I am entering this in the Gina K. Designs Monthly Mix Challenge (use ink cubes direct to paper to make the background), and the Mod Squad Challenge - Slim is IN (make a slimline card, either regular size or mini).

All the products I used are by Gina K. Designs.

I used Sandy Beach, Honey Mustard, Jelly Bean Green, and Fresh Asparagus ink cubes for the background. The sentiment, stamped in Fresh Asparagus, is from the Wrapped in Love stamp set.

I used Honey Mustard cardstock to mat the layers and attached them to a white card base.

The leaves are from the Autumn Wishes Stamp n Stencil stamp set and I used the coordinating dies to cut them out. They are stamped in Sweet Corn, Honey Mustard and Fresh Asparagus, and popped up with some foam squares.


3 comments:

  1. I haven't used my ink cubes to make backgrounds in ages. Thanks for the reminder with this gorgeous card you made.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have captured Gina's technique perfectly here. I love the colors you have chosen and your design is wonderful. Thanks so much for playing along once again over at the Mod Squad.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate each one.