Sunday 23 June 2019

Shaker Globe

I made another shaped card for the Splitcoaststampers MISTI Monday June 2019 Challenge.


I used a Snow Globe die from Craftmania, but made a beach scene instead of a snow scene. After I folded my card base, I made sure the die was just above the top edge, so that the two layers would still be attached at the top. I sponged the background with Gina K. Designs ink: Sandy Beach, Kraft, Sea Glass, and Ocean Mist. I stamped the bird images and the sentiment, from the Gina K. Designs By the Sea stamp set, in Dark Chocolate ink. The seashells stamp is one that I had in my stash, but I don't know who made it.

I cut out a circle frame and sponged it with the same colours as the background. I cut a piece of acetate which was slightly smaller than the frame, and glued it to the back of the frame. I attached a double layer of foam tape to the edge of the acetate. I placed a couple of spoonfuls of shaker material on the background and placed the frame on top. You'll notice in the picture that the frame sticks up slightly higher than the card base since it's a full circle.

We're starting to get some warmer temperatures here, so hopefully it will soon be beach weather!

2 comments:

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate each one.