Saturday 29 September 2018

Clean and Simple Gate Fold Card

I'm starting on my October birthday cards, so I thought I would make a gate fold card and enter it in the Scor-Pal More than One Score challenge #52 - Clean and Simple.  I am also entering it in the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes.



I was at the dollar store and I found this sheer printed fabric roll with these pretty gold leaves. It's hard to tell in the picture, but the background of the fabric is red. 

I scored at 2 1/4 inches from each side of a 4 1/4" x 8 1/2" piece of white cardstock. I knew that any glue or tape would show through the sheer fabric, so I used a sheet of Scor-Tape Adhesive. It comes in 6"x6" sheets, so it would cover the front of the card without having any seams.

I thought that some gold foil would pair with the gold leaves, so I used a foiling element from the Gina K. Designs StampTV kit - Made with Love for my sentiment. I foiled it with Gold Therm O Web deco foil and cut it out with a Cottage Cutz Stitched Circle die. I cut a piece of red cardstock with a slightly bigger die and used Scor-Tape to adhere the sentiment onto the red circle and then onto the card front.

It's hard to believe that we're at the end of September already. The leaves are starting to turn here so it won't be long before we're raking!



2 comments:

  1. Awesome card and I cannot believe that you used fabric for it. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful card!
    Thank you so much for participating in our 'More than one fold' challenge at Scor-Pal!
    Isia

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate each one.