Sunday 5 August 2018

Popped Up Shaped Card

I made this card for a couple of challenges: Mod Squad Challenge - Getting in Shape; and StampTV Monthly Mix Challenge - Pop It Up.



To satisfy the requirements for both challenges, I made a shaped card that had popped up elements. I made the shape using the Creative Memories cutting system. I cut out two white shapes and then made the two purple layers a bit bigger. I embossed one of the white shapes with an embossing folder and adhered the white layers onto the purple layers.

I stamped the flowers and leaves and cut them out with the coordinating dies. I attached them onto the top layer using foam squares of different thicknesses to give a variety of pop up dimension.

I scored one inch down from the top of the back layer and attached the front layer to the back. I didn't put a sentiment on the front, so I can use it for any occasion. 

Thanks for having a look!

I used these supplies:
Gina K. Designs: Layered Daisies Stamp set and coordinating dies
                            Lovely Lavender, Wild Lilac, Wild Dandelion, Lucky Clover ink
                            White layering weight cardstock
Creative Memories cutting system
Cuttlebug embossing folder
Foam squares, purple cardstock from my stash

3 comments:

  1. A gorgeous card. I love those daisies too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just so pretty! I love your purple flowers, and that background embossing is perfect here! Thank you so much for participating this week at the Mod Squad Shaped Card Challenge
    Judy~ Mod Squad Challenge Designer
    {Judy's Happy Place} Stop by and see me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely lovely card! Well done!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate each one.