Monday 23 July 2018

Grateful Heart

There was a new release on Thursday from Gina K. Designs. This card is for the release party challenge - Grateful Heart.  We have to use autumn colors or images and a sentiment of thanks or gratitude.



All products are from Gina K. Designs, unless otherwise stated. I started by stamping the sentiment in Dark Chocolate ink on a piece of Spectrum Noir Ultra Smooth Premium White cardstock. I stamped the flowers and leaves, also in Dark Chocolate, around the sentiment.  The stamps are from the Painted Autumn stamp set. I coloured in the flowers with Spectrum Noir alcohol markers, using OR3, GB5, GB6, and CT2. For the leaves, I used CG4 and CG2. I thought they looked a little bright and didn't have enough of a brown undertone so I went over the whole leaf with YG3.

I attached a piece of patterned paper from the Give Thanks pack. There are tiny leaves among the red and green that are blue and yellow. I used Ocean Mist ribbon to match the blue and a Honey Mustard mat to match the yellow. I adhered this to a white card base.

We are supposed to have a very humid week here, so I hope it doesn't get too hot. It already feels like 29C or 84F and it's only 9:00 in the morning. Oh well, summer goes by so fast so I guess I should enjoy it while it's here. Hope you have a great week!

2 comments:

  1. Lovely card...especially like the colouring of the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful! I love the colors of Autumn.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate each one.