Saturday 5 August 2017

Watercoloured Embossing Paste

This week, the challenge for StampTV MIUM is to use watercolour.


I have seen lots of projects using embossing paste. I didn't have any so I made my own. It was a bit of a fail since I used tapioca starch instead of corn starch or talcum powder. It gave an interesting lumpy texture! I decided to go with it anyway and applied it over a stencil onto a piece of Cristol recycled paper. I removed the stencil and let it dry overnight. I'm not sure how well this will hold up over time but I plan to hand deliver the card so I should be okay. I think it would crumble if I tried to send it through the mail.

I pressed 3 colours of blue ink onto an acrylic block and spritzed it lightly with water. I applied this with a brush to the embossed background to give an ombre look. I set this aside to dry.

I stamped and embossed the flower and sentiment before colouring the flower in the same manner as the background. I matted the background and focal image with black and adhered everything to a white card base. I added the three rhinestones for a bit of bling.

Supplies used:
Gina K. Designs: Fabulous Frame stamp set
                             Blue Lagoon, Blue Raspberry, Blue Denim, Grass Green, Wild Lilac ink
Canson Bristol Recycled paper
Deco Art Retro Mod stencil

VersaFine Onyx Black ink
Cottage Cutz Stitched Square set die
Homemade embossing paste
clear embossing powder, white and black cardstock, rhinestones from my stash

2 comments:

  1. I hope this will stand the test of time as it is so gorgeous. The texture on your background is wonderful and I love those colors. They are a perfect backdrop for your pretty floral design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a lovely card. The background turned out beautifully, and I really liked the touch of colour in the lily.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate each one.