Sunday 7 May 2017

Beach Scene card

I made this card for two challenges: StampTV MIUM - Nautical/Beach theme and Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge - The Great Outdoors.



I didn't have any nautical or beach themed stamps so I used some of the online cut files and cut out the three shapes. I sponged the background and the shapes and added some waves with a stencil. After stamping the sentiment, I matted the background and attached it to a white card base. I popped up the three images with some foam squares to give some dimension. 

I used the following supplies: 
Gina K. Designs: Art from the Heart stamp set
                          Kraft, Sweet Corn, Turquoise Sea, Ocean Mist, Powder Blue, Blue Denim, Tomato                                    Soup, Peach Bellini, Wild Dandelion, Moonlit Fog ink
                          Sweet Corn cardstock
                          Online cut files for Ship to Shore and Days of Summer stamp sets
ColorBox Frost White ink
Memento Tuxedo Black ink
Fairy Tales Chalk Talk stencil
Black Staedtler fineliner marker
foam squares, white cardstock from my stash


3 comments:

  1. What a delightful card you've created here! I love the way you did the background, which really does look like sand! It is blended so perfectly and your bird and sea critters look so at home against it! I also like how you popped them out and framed the card out, too, to give it even more dimension. This is a fabulous card that made me want to go to the beach! Thank you for taking the time to share your talents with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really loved the way that you created the background...the transition from beach to water to sky was really great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the background showing a beach and water along with the sky. Great sponging. I love your waves.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate each one.