Monday 20 July 2015

Tissue Paper Card

Today I am sharing a card I made for the StampTV challenge - Get Out The Tissue and the Mod Squad Challenge - Water or Sky.



I started with a piece of blue tissue paper, misted it with water and crumpled it up. I carefully unfolded it and embossed it with an embossing folder that I got with a magazine. It was part of a set of three called Spring. After the tissue paper dried, I went over the embossing with a Ranger white gel pen to make the clouds stand out.

I took a piece of green tissue paper and stamped the flowers (from Gina K Designs Happy Birthday to You set) in VersaMark ink. I sprinkled Jewel Glitter Ritz Micro Fine Glitter in Deep Purple and Kiwi Green on the flowers and stems and rubbed it into the ink.

I stamped the sentiment, from the same stamp set, in Memento Tuxedo Black ink, cut the ends and layered it onto a piece of ribbon. I attached the tissue paper onto cardstock, wrapped the ribbon and attached it to a piece of blue cardstock. I then attached this to a white card base.

2 comments:

  1. Clever use of the tissue. Thanks for taking the challenge with us at the Mod Squad Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card and love how you used the tissue paper on it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate each one.