Sunday 28 June 2015

Christmas Card with a Twist

This week's challenge on the Mod Squad Challenge Blog was to make a Christmas Card. What's the twist? Stamp with a veggie!



For my veggie I chose a potato and cut out a star. It's not perfect but was as good as my potato and my carving skills would allow!

I started with a piece of Gina K Pure Luxury heavy base weight white cardstock. I used the frame from Melanie Muenchinger's Fabulous Frame set, stamped it with VersaMark and embossed it with Recollections Ebony embossing powder. I coloured in the frame with Spectrum Noir marker CR9 and stamped the houndstooth belly bands in ColorBox Scarlet.

I stamped the circle border from Melanie's Fabulous Holiday Fillers set in Memento Tuxedo Black ink. To fill in some of the circles in the border, I stamped the star using Brilliance Galaxy gold and
the houndstooth circle using ColorBox Scarlet.

I stamped the sentiment from the Fabulous Frame set with Memento Tuxedo Black and my
potato star with VersaMark and then embossed the star with Recollections Gold Tinsel embossing powder.

I thought the right hand portion of the card looked empty so I stamped two more potato stars with Brilliance Galaxy Gold.

1 comment:

  1. I love your card and that beautifully embossed star. I thought that was a fun challenge myself!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate each one.