Sunday 28 June 2015

Single Layer Masculine Card

For the Release Party Challenge-Single Layer Sensation! and the StampTV Let's Hear It For The Boys! challenge I made a one layer masculine card.



I started with a piece of Prickly Pear cardstock. Using VersaMark ink I stamped the bird from Gina K Designs Birthday Blessings set over the card. I heat embossed it with Recollections clear embossing powder. I considered sponging various colours over top letting the Prickly Pear show through but didn't have the ink colours I was imagining so I went with the wood grain look instead.

For the wood grain look I scored at 1/2 inch intervals and then randomly dragged inkpads over the cardstock. I used ColorBox Fluid Chalk ink in Blush Rose and Chestnut Roan, ColorBox Frost White and Memento Rich Cocoa.

After I rubbed the ink off the embossed birds the Prickly Pear didn't show through the way I wanted, so I re-stamped them using Perfect Medium. Then I put Bright Yellow Pearl-Ex on with a paintbrush and heated to set. This gave the birds a nice sheen.

To finish it off I stamped the sentiment, also from Birthday Blessings, and the bird in Memento Rich Cocoa and ColorBox Frost White giving them a shadowed look. The white soaked into the cardstock and wasn't as bright as I wanted so I embossed them with Recollections Snow embossing powder.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate each one.