Sunday 8 March 2015

Beach scene

This week I made a beach scene for the challenge on Stamp TV-What shell we create? I am also entering it in the Mod Squad Challenge - Make a background and Hiding in my Craft Room - Freestyle.



I sponged the background, using various ink, onto a piece of ivory cardstock. I'm not sure I am happy with the sky part, but I wanted to make the sky different from the water so I went with a very light blue. I don't have any Gina K stamps that would go with a beach scene. I thought of trying to make a sand castle by masking some of the stamps I have, but that didn't work too well so I just left it as a scene.

I stamped the sentiment on a rectangular piece of cardstock, rounded the opposite corners and sponged the edges. I layered the background with some blue cardstock, and adhered that to an ivory card base. I attached the sentiment with some foam dots. I thought it needed something else so I added a few birds in the sky.

Here are the products I used.
Ink: Martha Stewart- Dandelion and Melon; Stampabilities-Cotton Candy; VersaMagic-Sierra Vista;           Stampin' Up! Bashful Blue, Ballet Blue and Brilliant Blue
Stamp: Gina K Designs Fabulous Frame set
Marker: Staedtler fine marker-Brown
Cardstock and foam squares from my stash



3 comments:

  1. What a lovely sponging you did to create this scene. Good luck and hope you win!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card, great sponging, colors and layers. Thank you for joining us this week at HIMCR.

    Sue - HIMCR DT
    http://suek86401.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate each one.