Thursday 19 March 2015

One layer collage

Today I have a card I made for the StampTV challenge-One Layer Collage.


When I read this I thought it had to be a one layer card, so that's what I made. I used Gina K pure luxury heavy weight card stock for the card as I knew I was going to be using my Spectrum Noir markers and I didn't want them to bleed through. 

I punched out 3 circles with a 2 inch punch to use for masks. I traced around them and stamped the sentiment and images inside the outlines. I stamped the other images, using my circles for mats. Then I cut out mats for those images and stamped the background heart sprigs.

I coloured in the balloons and present and sponged inside the circles, using the mat from the punched circles. I added some highlights to the balloons with a white PITT pen. I traced around the circles with a silver pen to make them look like they are a different layer. I also traced the ribbon on the present. I sponged around the outside of the card to give it a more finished look.

This doesn't look like the picture that I had in my head, but I'm fairly pleased with it. Maybe I don't have enough layers or maybe it's because I have spent 6 1/2 hours shoveling snow over the last two days! We had another 2 feet, with high winds, yesterday after the foot we had on Sunday. This is what my view from my front door was yesterday morning, before the snow stopped. The green bin on the left is about 3 1/2 feet tall. Sigh. At least I had card making therapy afterwards!


Here are the products I used:

Stamps: Gina K Designs sets - Birthday Blessings, Happy Birthday to You, A Gift for You, Square                    Pegs
Ink: VersaFine Smokey Gray; ColorBox Fresh Green, Cranberry; Stampabilities Acorn Squash;                  Stampin' Up! Brilliant Blue
Markers: Staedtler - gray; Spectrum Noir - DR5, DR1, LG5, LG4, TB5, TB4; Faber-Castell PITT -                      white; Pilot Silver pen
Gina K Designs Pure Luxury heavy weight white card stock
2" punch


1 comment:

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate each one.