Saturday 7 February 2015

Winter Inspiration

This week for the StampTV Challenge we were shown a picture of pine branch with snow on it and were asked to create a card using the picture as inspiration. This is what I came up with.


I chose the snow as my inspiration for my focal image and then also used the brown and green from the pine branch for the colours on the rest of the card. All of the stamps are from Gina K Designs.

I stamped the frame from the Fabulous Frame Set in Memento Rich Cocoa ink on a white card base. I paper-pieced the inner portion of the frame using some of the Gina K Designs Cold Snap Patterned Paper. I stamped the snowflake from the Snow Frame set with VersaMark In and used Recollections Glitz Embossing Powder on it. I stamped the sentiment from the Square Pegs set in Rich Cocoa. I wanted to make the snowflake stand out so I sponged some Stampin' Up! Taken With Teal ink around the snowflake. I coloured in the frame outline with Spectrum Noir marker BG6. I wanted some more sparkle on the card so I used a Kuretake ZIG glue pen over the marker and sprinkled Crystal GlitterRitz Warm Highlight on it.

The hardest part was trying to get a good picture!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate each one.