Monday 6 October 2014

Sympathy card

Well, I completely missed World Cardmaking Day. I was at a meeting all day and then was out in the evening, too. Then I received the sad news that my aunt had died after a long battle with cancer. I knew I wanted to make a sympathy card and had just picked up some stamps from someone who was selling all of her craft supplies. The challenge on the Mod Squad Challenge Blog was to use pink in some way. At first I wasn't sure that pink would go well with a sympathy card but thought if I used a subtle shade it might work. Here is what I came up with.



I wanted to keep it fairly simple so I chose a couple of encouraging images. Flowers and butterflies always make me feel a little better and give me hope for tomorrow. I masked off the bottom of the flower image so it would fit on the square. I inked around the edge of each square very lightly. I embossed the white cardstock for a bit of texture and framed the small squares with the same pink that I used for the card base.

It's hard to tell from the picture but the piece of ribbon is a pale pink. I adhered everything together and popped up the sentiment with some foam squares.

For the inside I stamped the sentiment and the full flower image from the front of the card.



I used the following supplies:

Cuttlebug embossing folder
Hero Arts sentiment on front of card
Versafine Onyx Black ink
Martha Stewart Pink Dahlia ink
Chocolate Baroque flower stamp
Stampcraft butterfly stamp
Stampin' Up! sentiment inside card
pink and white card stock and ribbon from my stash



2 comments:

  1. Big HUGS!! I'm so sorry for your loss....the card is so dainty and lovely. May you find some peace and comfort in your memories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful sympathy card. So sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate each one.