Saturday 11 October 2014

Fall Birthday card

The two challenges that inspired me this week are Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Falling in Love with... and the Mod Squad Challenge Blog - Tag it. I love the fall colours, especially the oranges and browns so I made a card with fall colours and a tag.



I stamped the leaves (from an unknown set in my stash) onto white cardstock with Versamark ink and embossed them with Martha Stewart Copper embossing powder. I took the photo at an angle so you can see the shimmer on the leaves. I sponged some Really Rust Stampin' Up! ink all over the cardstock and used a kleenex to rub any ink off the leaves. I also used the same ink to make a small rectangle for the sentiment (Fiskars) which was also stamped with Really Rust. I framed both of these pieces with some orange American Crafts cardstock.

For the tag I used an oval scalloped die and cut and embossed some more orange cardstock . I stamped the leaves with the Stampin' Up! ink set - Pumpkin Patch. It has 5 separate colours that you can push together. I used various parts of the ink to get different colours for the leaves.

I used a piece of ribbon behind the sentiment and attached everything to the ivory card base. I attached a piece of gold thread to the tag and attached it to the inside of the card with a piece of Sookwang tape, leaving the covering on one side. I tucked the tag under the ribbon so it wouldn't swing too far. The recipient of the card can use the tag for someone else.

1 comment:

  1. Love the beautiful embossing on the background. Such a beautiful fall card! Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate each one.