I used a Sizzix Stampin' Up! embossing folder with some white cardstock and embossed the background. I took some scraps of orange, green and lavender cardstock and embossed them. I fussy cut the hexagons and adhered them on to the background in an organized random way!
I used some coloured brads from my stash to fill in some of the empty squares. I stamped the sentiment (from Hero Arts) with Adirondack Wildflower ink. This was an old ink pad that someone gave me. It used to have several shades of blue and purple but the colours have run together so it just gives a grayish slate colour now. I embossed another scrap of orange cardstock and cut out a small shape, big enough for the sentiment and the button. I cut around the sentiment to fit inside the orange shape.
I didn't have any baker's twine in the right colour so I used Spectrum Noir marker OR2 and made my own twine. I threaded it through the button, tied a bow and used a glue dot to fasten it to the sentiment shape. I used tape to adhere the sentiment and the sentiment shape and used foam squares to fasten the background onto an orange mat before taping it onto the slate card base.