Monday 29 September 2014

Christmas card

You can tell that September has hit as every day there is something scheduled! I missed last week's challenges but I have a card this week. It is a simple Christmas card. 

I started with a piece of white cardstock and used an embossing folder from Sizzix to make the frames. I coloured them in with Spectrum Noir marker LG5. I stamped the two images, both by Hero Arts, in Memento Tuxedo Black. I used another embossing folder from Sizzix to emboss LOVE and cut it out with the matching die. I stamped the sentiment, by Inkadinkado, in Colorbox Fresh Green pigment ink. I thought that frame looked a little bare with just the sentiment so I added the holly which is also Inkadinkado. I coloured in the holly with Spectrum Noir LG5, LG4 and LG2 and used DR2 for the berries.  I attached a piece of ribbon from my stash and then taped it on the card base.

I am entering this in:

4 comments:

  1. Very pretty card, great images and colors. Thank you for joining us this week at HIMCR.

    Sue - HIMCR DT
    http://suek86401.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty card! I love the separated panels. Thanks for joining us at the Mod Squad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love seeing these HA images that I've never seen before - they make a lovely Christmas card! Thanks for sharing it with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card! Lovely blocked design. Thank you for sharing with us at Simon says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate each one.