I started by stamping the ornament and topper from the Spellbinders Heirloom Ornament set onto vellum using Versamark ink and then embossed with Martha Stewart sterling embossing powder. I cut a piece of red cardstock the same size and marked around the outside with a Sakura silver metallic pen. Some of the silver got on the back of the vellum and in trying to take it off I realized it had turned the vellum a slightly different colour. I decided I would use my mistake and made a little border around the edge of the vellum which you can see in the picture. I glued the layers together at the edge with Zig memory system 2 way glue and the silver pen just about hides the glue. I attached a piece of glittery thread that I made into a bow with a mini Glue Dot and I matted the vellum layer with white cardstock.
I cut two pieces of red cardstock to fit the front pieces of my card base. I used two more of the ornaments, stamped with Versamark and sprinkled Glitter Ritz Warm Highlight Micro Fine Glitter over. I attached the pieces to the card base with Mono Adhesive.
So then I had to use the acetate in some way. I decided to have another ornament that could be used as an embellishment. I stamped another ornament onto the acetate using Frost White Color Box ink. I used more glitter and let it dry for quite a while before I fussy cut it out, leaving a small border. I poked a hole in the acetate, threaded another piece of the glittery thread through and attached it to the card. It could be taken off and used as a real ornament, especially on a mini tree.
Thanks for reading!