Sunday 27 July 2014

Shadow stamping

I tried a new technique this week for the Mod Squad Challenge - Shadow Stamping. I didn't do a very good job but I don't have time to make another card so this will have to do. I am also entering it in the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Mid-Summer and the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Emboss It.




I started with a piece of blue American Crafts cardstock made into a cardbase. I embossed it with a Cuttlebug embossing folder and inked up the raised edge with Salty Ocean Tim Holtz Distress Ink. I cut a piece of white AC cardstock to fit inside the border and inked the edges with the Salty Ocean. 

I stamped the branch with Green Pamass Pigment ink, the bird and wing with Stampin' Up Cajun Craze and shadow stamped them. The stamp set is from Stampin' Up.  I think I should have made a bigger shadow because this just looks like I smeared it when I stamped. Oh well, more practice needed! I stamped the sentiment (Impression Obsession , Inc.) with Memento Tuxedo Black. I thought the sentiment was appropriate for a bird!

It looked a little stark with just the white so I smeared some Blue Sky Martha Stewart ink over the whole white section. It doesn't show up very well in the picture.  I added a couple pieces of ribbon from my stash to finish it off.

Okay, so I just watched the video by Gina K. I definitely should have watched this before making the card!!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! Such a pretty image! Great design and technique!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dawn, this is wonderful! I love your shadow stamping, and the overall card design is just too much fun! Thanks for participating!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate each one.