Friday 18 July 2014

Fruitful card

We're at the end of strawberry season here in Nova Scotia. To me, nothing says summer like a glistening bowl of juicy red strawberries. So when the challenge this week on the Mod Squad Challenge Blog was to have fruit on the card I knew I was going to use strawberries. We also had to use kraft, black and white on our card.




I used a stamp that I think is Studio G. It has one strawberry and the words You are Berry Berry Special. I masked off the sentiment, stamped the strawberry twice and then masked the strawberries and stamped the third berry. I used Spectrum Noir markers to colour in the berries. I stamped the sentiment and punched the border.

I used a piece of ribbon over the join between the red and black cardstock although it's hard to see in the picture. I attached the red and black onto a kraft card base with tape and then popped the white piece up with some foam tape.

Here are the products I used:

Strawberries stamp - Studio G (?)
Sentiment - Hero Arts
White cardstock - Bazzill Simply Smooth
Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black
Spectrum Noir markers - DR3, CR8, CR10, CR3, LG4, CG4, TN2, CG2
Punch - Recollections
Red, Black and Kraft cardstock - American Crafts
Tape - Tombow Mono Adhesive
Ribbon and foam squares from my stash

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful card. Love those strawberries… Thanks so much for playing along this week.. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate each one.