Sunday 29 January 2023

Coloured Pencil Resist

The Gina K. Designs Monthly Mix challenge has moved to Facebook (Gina K Designs & Stamp TV Friends), and this month the challenge is Coloured Pencil Resist.


The coloured pencil resist technique is similar to the emboss resist technique. After I stamped the image, I used a white coloured pencil to colour in parts of the flower and leaves. Then I blended the ink over the image, and wiped the ink off the coloured pencil areas.  The coloured pencil resists the ink and stays mainly white.

I cut out the image with an oval die, and cut a slightly larger white oval for the layer. I blended ink over the edges so that it matched the ink on the image. 

The embossed background was attached to a black layer and then added to a white card base. After the ovals were attached, I added the sentiment.

I used the following products:
Gina K. Designs: The Best Flowers, So Many Sentiments stamp sets
                             Wild Lilac, Grass Green ink
                             Obsidian Amalgam ink
Hero Arts Infinity Oval dies
Embossing folder
White coloured pencil

2 comments:

  1. Verna Angerhofer30 January 2023 at 15:13

    Beautiful design and a great reminder for this technique!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate each one.