Saturday 13 June 2020

Watercolour Stamping

This card uses a technique called watercolour stamping. You either colour the stamp with water based markers, watercolours, or you can paint on water based ink. I chose to paint on some water based ink. I made this card for the Mod Squad Challenge.



I used the flowers from the Gina K. Designs (GKD) Made With Love stamp set and painted them with GKD Innocent Pink, Bubblegum Pink, and Passionate Pink ink. I didn't clean the brush in between each stamping, so there is a mix of the colours in each flower except the first one in the upper left corner. It is a bit light, but it still works! If you look closely, you can see the streaks from the paint brush in the flowers.

I added a piece of the GKD Delicate Essentials patterned paper pack down the center before attaching it to a Bubblegum Pink mat and then to a white card base.

The sentiment was stamped with GKD Jet Black Amalgam ink, cut out with the Creative Memories cutting system and matted with a piece of Bubblegum Pink, cut with a Cottage Cutz Stitched Circle die. After attaching it to the card, I added a few rhinestones for some sparkle.

  

3 comments:

  1. This is just beautiful. I love that you made your own background paper with this technique, very creative! Great take on the challenge, thank you so much for participating this week at the Mod Squad Challenge
    Judy~ Mod Squad Challenge Designer
    {Judy's Happy Place} Stop by and see me!!!


    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card and great water coloring. I love the design.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting technique with a nice effect!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate each one.