Monday 1 July 2019

Bridge Card




The theme for the Scor-Pal challenge this month is Anything Goes, with the option of Patriotic. You just need to have more than one score on your project. I am  Canadian, so I used red and white on my card.




I saw this card design on Jennifer McGuire's blog, and thought I would give it a try. It is called a Bridge card, because the layer in the front bridges the two sides together.

I started with a piece of Gina K. Designs Red Velvet cardstock that measured 5 1/2" x 8". With the 8" side at the top of my Scor-Pal, I scored at 1 1/4" and 2 1/2" from each side. I folded both sides in at the 2 1/2" mark, and then folded them back at the 1 1/4" mark. This makes a 5 1/2" square card. If you want an A2 size card, you can either start with a 4 1/4" x 8" piece and score as indicated above, or you can start with a 5 1/2" x 5 3/4" piece and score at 3/4" and 1 1/2" on each side. 

I took a piece of white cardstock, and using my Scor-Pal, I scored a diamond pattern on it. I cut it down to 3" x 5 1/2" and adhered it to the inside of the card with Scor-Tape.

Using Spectrum Noir Ultra Smooth Premium White cardstock, I stamped the flowers and leaves, from the Altenew Always There stamp set, with Gina K. Designs Black Amalgam ink. I coloured them with Spectrum Noir Alcohol markers: CR7, CR11, DR3, DR7, CG1, CG2, CG4, LY3, GY1, fussy cut them and went around the edges with the True Black marker. That covered up any spots that had a bit of white showing.

I took another piece of white cardstock and die cut the edges, using a die that came with a Cardmaking & Papercraft magazine: Sara Davies Signature Collection Shabby Chic Antique Edge Die. I arranged the flowers and leaves, and used Scor-Tape to adhere them. I taped this piece to the left hand side of the card, folded this section in, folded out the right hand side, and taped it to the outside right hand piece. That way, when you stand it up, both sides will be standing out to the front.




I didn't add a sentiment to the front, but I attached a piece of white cardstock to the back of the card and added a sentiment and personal message there.

I had an extra flower and leaf, so I decided to make a matching envelope.




I used the Scor-Envi, which has the measurements of the paper and where to score printed on it. It makes it so easy to create all sizes of envelopes.

I hope everyone in Canada and the United States has a happy holiday - July 1st and 4th, respectively!

6 comments:

  1. What a fitting day for Canadian colors! Your bridge card is beautiful, Steph! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous card, so beautiful!!
    Lots of love from Isia xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely card for Canada day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your bridge card and I hope you had a wonderful Canada Day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!! Love this "bridge" card. The diamond scored piece is amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate each one.