Friday 29 June 2018

Diamond Fold Card

There is one day left in the June Scor-pal More than One Score Challenge - Pretty in Pink. I am getting this card in under the wire! I am also entering it in the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes.


I am not sure what this type of fold is called, but I am calling it a Diamond fold. I started with a piece of black cardstock that measured 8.5" x 5.5". With the long side on top, I scored at 2.75" and 4". With the short side on top, I scored at 2.75". With the long side on top again, I scored from the top of the 2.75" score line to the middle of the 4"score line and then from there to the bottom of the 2.75" score line. This is what it looks like:


Crease all the fold lines well and have the two diagonal folds and the fold on the right as mountain folds and the rest as valley folds. Bring the two left corners up and together and push to the right. It should form the diamond shape in front. 

I cut patterned paper to 2.5" x 4.25" and 2.5" x 2.5" and taped it to the front of the card and the diamond with Scor Tape. I also cut a small piece for the small section to the left of the diamond, but I didn't measure it.

I stamped the flower, leaves and sentiment and cut them out with dies. I matted the sentiment with a punched circle and taped it on the diamond. I attached the flower and leaves with foam squares.

I used the following products:
Gina K. Designs: ink: Lovely Lavender, Wild Lilac, Wild Dandelion, Grass Green 
                             stamp sets: Layered Daisies, Rose Peonies, and coordinating dies
Cottage Cutz Stitched Circle die
Recollections 2 inch circle punch
Scor Tape, Scor-Pal
patterned paper from Cardmaking & Papercraft magazine
Black cardstock, foam squares from my stash

4 comments:

  1. Your card is wonderful and I like the fold too. It looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card! Love the pink stripes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uour card is gorgeous!I love the effect! Thank you so much for participating in our 'More than one fold' challenge at Scor-Pal!
    Isia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your diamond fold card it’s beautiful. I love the pink stripes. Thanks for joining us for the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge.
    Misty

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate each one.