Friday 27 January 2017

Birthday Card

This week the challenge for StampTV MIUM is a birthday card. I am also entering this in the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes.



This was very timely as I needed a birthday card to send to my friend. Since I would be mailing it I kept it to a one layer card without bulky embellishments.

I decided to make a peek-a-boo card. I punched the three circles from a white card base. After I folded it, I stamped the cupcakes and the cute little heart sprinkles. On the front I stamped the sentiment with VersaMark and heat embossed it with clear embossing powder. I then sponged over the sentiment which resisted the ink and shows up as white. I opened up the card and sponged around the cupcakes. Then I added some Stickles and applied Wink of Stella on the cupcake icing.

Supplies used:
Gina K. Designs: Square Pegs and Massive Messages stamp sets
                             Wild Dandelion, Red Velvet and Applemint ink
                             White cardstock
VersaMark ink
Recollections clear detail embossing powder
Clear Wink of Stella
Golden Rod Stickles
ek tools 1 1/2 inch round punch

3 comments:

  1. I love those circle cuts with the cupcakes peeking through. Wonderful card design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello dawn! super sweet card, luv the shadowing and the darlin cupcakes! I am so glad you played along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

    blog-paperie blooms
    ig-2klines

    sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate each one.