Saturday 10 October 2015

Stitched Fall Card

Today I have a card that I made for 4 challenges: StampTV - You Have Me In Stitches, Mod Squad Challenge Blog - Get your FALL onSimon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Autumn is in the Air and Simon Says Stamp World Card Making Day.


I was inspired by Gina's video and the way she made her background. I used a piece of photo paper for my background, coloured it with alcohol markers and spritzed it well with rubbing alcohol. Once it was dry, I stamped it with Perfect Medium sprinkled PearlEx over it and die cut it.

I stamped the sentiment, embossed it, cut a banner around it and stitched it to a piece of satin ribbon. I sponged the edges of the banner, wrapped the ribbon around the background and attached it to an ivory card base with foam tape.

I used the following products:

Gina K Designs stamp set: Birthday Blessings
Ink: Perfect Medium, Versamark and Stampin' Up! Cajun Craze
Embossing Powder: Martha Stewart Copper Penny
PearlEx: Sparkling Copper
Spectrum Noir alcohol markers: OR1, GB7, TN5 and TN7
Die: Simon Says Stamp Postage Stamp Edge Frame
Ribbon: Celebrate It Harvest
From my stash: foam tape, rubbing alcohol, photo paper, cardstock

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful metallic sheen and love the rich warm colors. Beautiful all around! Thanks for playing along with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Autumn is in the Air!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a wonderful fall card. The warm colors of the background and the leaves on the ribbon make is special. Love all of the shine. Thanks for playing in the Mod Squad challenge this week. Hope to see you here again.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate each one.